ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Applications Engineer for the Fluid Transfer Tubing division (FTT) of a global automotive parts supplier in Michigan. This position will support engineering activities and meet customer requirement, be in charge of all projects related to product design, development, launch and proposing solutions in collaboration with clients, suppliers, internal team and towards meeting the company's objectives, goals and plans for the Americas region.
The main activities for this position are:
- Elaborate the Design Validation Plan and initial BOM.
- Support customers with design and advanced engineering solutions.
- Responsible for DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
- Direct the manufacturing and testing of prototype parts for product design validation.
- Provide drawings / math data from customers to Development team.
- Provide technical support to Sales/Engineering & Manufacturing teams.
- Contribute to the capitalization of knowledge RETEX (Return on Experience).
- Foster technological scanning, particularly through his/her external contacts.
- Pay attention to the confidentiality of information and industrial property.
- Other duties as required including international travel to our facilities depending on project and training needs.
The Applications Engineer will have the opportunity to evolve within the company's innovative and dynamic Group of an international scale which bases its success on strong human values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial engineer, Mechanics and/or Plastics - or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Application or Product Engineer in the automotive industry, preferably working with plastic fluid tubing assemblies for fuel & vapor applications.
- Experience in product development and prototyping (2D/3D CAD systems)
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong mechanical, technical support and problem-solving abilities.
- Experienced working with international teams.
- Good organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.
Job Type: Full-timeBenefits include Health Insurance, dental and vision care after 30 day probation period.
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year