Plant Automotive Quality Engineer
Job Code (0898)
Location: Greenville SC
$65,000.00 - $90,000.00
Plant Quality Engineer Summary:
The Quality Engineer will provide support in carrying out Quality Functions to meet customer requirements.
They will perform quality engineering reviews/audits of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
Must have 4 year degree
Plant Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
· Utilize core AIAG quality tools (Control Plan, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC) to resolve quality concerns.
· Manage Internal and External quality concerns, Fast Track Response, and pareto analysis of defects, etc.
· Act as customer support and investigate customer complaints.
· Assists with continuous improvement activities, such as S.P.C. and capability studies.
· Assists with TS-16949 activities.
· Manage/interface customer quality system.
· Address supplier quality issues and manage Quality hold area.
· Create and maintain approved PPAP status with all Customers.
· Reviews and decides the disposition of products placed on hold.
· Organizes necessary rework/sorting operations.
· Assists with resolving internal and external quality problems and with implementation of corrective actions.
· Creates, reviews, and updates job books, to ensure proper documentation to set standards and customer product specifications.
· Utilize quality problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5Why, etc.
· Handle Customer and Supplier concerns in appropriate manner.
· Randomly audits problematic jobs and focuses on improvement by working with Manufacturing Team Leaders / Managers.
· Performs audits to support plant function.
· Supervise/manage vendor quality control, and certification of measuring equipment.
· Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education / Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
· Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
· Knowledge of TS16949 Quality Systems.
· Experience with the APQP system.
· Automotive experience required.
· Exceptional communications skills.