The president is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the internal teams, external alliances and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies for business success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Improve the budgeting process on a continual basis through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Performance Management.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours may exceed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and some weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of related industry experience in corporate leadership and fiscal strategies.
- Contracts and negotiation experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree.
- 10-15 years of related industry experience in corporate leadership and fiscal strategies.
- Contracts, negotiations and vendor management