CNC Machinist ( Commerce, CA ) 8793403
6 Month Contract
Pay rate: $25-30/hr W2
CNC Milling and CNC lathe machining experience; Conventional milling and turning skills; Tool & die maker.
NOTE: We want to avoid CNC operator. This individual will need to know conventional machining/set-up.
Our Commerce, CA location is seeking a CNC Machinist- Mills and VTLs
• Proven ability and extensive experience in machining of large metallic aerospace products.
• Machining experience with Titanium a plus.
• Perform set-ups of CNC vertical turning lathes (VTL) and CNC Milling machines
• Conventional machining (lathe and mill work) a plus.
• Perform various machining operations primarily on prototype work or tooling.
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
• Setup machines to precise tolerances and operate various types of machinery in production following established procedures.
• Select proper tooling to perform required manufacturing operations.
• Machine precision fixtures, tools and product from drawings, in accordance with established procedures, with limited supervision.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience setting up and operating CNC mills and vertical turning lathe machines.
• 10 years of CNC Mills and VTL (vertical lathe) experience.
• Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings including knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, ASME Y 14.5.
• CNC programming experience and G-code proficiency preferred
• Available for overtime and weekend hours
• This will be a 2nd shift position