Calibration Technician ( Chandler, AZ ) 8588933
6 Month Contract
Pay rate: $30/hr W2
Experienced metrology technician that provides calibration service for the internal metrology lab. Follow standard procedures and established guidelines calibrating, testing, troubleshooting and repairing equipment. This position is a critical part of the process to get test equipment to the customer when they need it and ready to operate. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and must be a motivated, self starter who can meet internal customer’s needs.
- Responsible for performance verification, repair, diagnostics and calibration of test equipment including torque wrenches, dimensional and electronic.
- Complete calibration, functional test, configuration, troubleshooting and/or repair, including to the component level, of Electronic Test Equipment, utilizing provided procedures, company standards.
- Maintains accurate records of tests and services performed, enters required information in the company's database.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Familiarity with AS9100 and ANSI Z540 calibration requirements.
- Ensure calibrations performed are traceable to the NIST.
- Assist customers with technical issues.
- Clean and accessorize equipment and maintain a clean and orderly lab area.
- Check out and check in equipment from the equipment room as required.
- Work on assigned projects with minimal supervision making decisions within established guidelines and policies.
Required Qualifications for Job Post:
High School Diploma and Associate of Applied Science or equivalent experience in an Electronics Calibration Laboratory or environment or military experience with telecommunications test equipment.
- MET/TEAM and MET/CAL knowledge required