Channel Account Manager (Milwaukee, WI or Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN metro area)
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
MEAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. We will provide you with assistance in completing the application and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking a Channel Account Manager to join our team of smart, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields, but are committed to a tradition of technical leadership and innovation.
The Channel Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for working closely with Channel Partners to achieve aggressive sales growth within the Sales Region. The CAM objective is to bring close alignment between MEAU and our channel partners. The Channel Account Manager will focus on the implementation of channel initiatives as well as develop distribution action plans in support of MEAU's Strategic Objectives. Collaboration with Senior Sales Management, Regional Sales, Strategic Marketing, Product Marketing and Technical Support Group is essential to achieve required sales growth with MEAU's channel partners.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in cooperation with Regional Sales Managers in development of aggressive distribution sales plans
- Develop and implement the Distributor Sales Plan (DSP) with channel partners/distributors
- Target a minimum baseline sales growth of 15%-20% year over year through distribution (organic growth outside of strategic/project sales)
- Focus distributors on expansion of sales at existing key accounts
- Focus distributors to capture new target opportunities
- Help distributors increase top line sales and return on investment by promoting value with MEAU Products and Solutions
- Administer, manage and continually improve the Advanced Automation Provider Program (AAPP)
- Plan and lead joint sales calls with partners, per the Distributor Sales Plan (DSP), to expand customer base and maintain Key customer relationships
- Conduct Distributor Scorecard and Distributor Sales Plan (DSP) quarterly reviews as directed by management
- Conduct partner sales training as required in assigned territory
- Represent Mitsubishi in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner with channel partners and customers
- Document activities in CRM and complete monthly reports as required by management
- Complete monthly and annual business forecasts to show projected sales vs. quota
- Attain quarterly and yearly sales goals as established by management
- Perform other job functions as assigned
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- 25-30% Travel primarily within territory: Region: Midwest Region
- Strong sales management skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Solid track record of consistent sales and profitability growth
- Strong work ethic (leads by example)
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability with problem analysis and strategic problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to multi task
- Solid planning ability
- Computer proficiency - (CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Map Point, and Outlook)
- Consultative Selling Skills (Wilson CSP methodology)
To attract and retain enthusiastic and dedicated professionals, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K matching. We also offer benefits that can't be measured in monetary value. For example, At MEAU you'll work in a team-oriented environment with people who enjoy coming to work every day. You'll be able to create a clear career development path through our in-house learning and development program. You'll have the opportunity to give back to your community in company-supported charitable events. And, have the confidence that comes with working for an industry leader that's growing year over year and is an affiliate of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, a $40 billion company.
Do you share our passion for innovation, commitment to excellence and enjoy building strong, respectful customer relationships but don't feel this opportunity is right for you? Sign up for our job alerts! You'll be notified of new positions as they become available and choose the best fit for your background.
- BS in an engineering discipline: i.e.; electrical, mechanical or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience in sales and channel management.
- 10+ years sales experience in the automation industry (Servo/Motion, PLC/HMI, VFD)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States