Dynamic Senior Quality Engineer
Job Code (02598922)
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00
Responsibility for Direct Reports
Must have 4-year degree
Must have stable career path with limited job movements
Must have QA manufacturing leadership track record
Join this team and show your QA manufacturing leadership and be appreciated!
Metal Electro-Mechanical equipment
Similar industries: Generators, Tractors, HVAC, Refrigerators, Fork-Lifts, Dozers, DoD equipment, Golf cart, Car, Truck, and related.
Manufacturing team with award winning products recognized world wide
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for providing leadership to ensure the overall health of the manufacturing quality systems, driving continuous improvement projects to increase site quality and compliance, support quality improvement initiatives with comprehensive focus on positive communications with internal and external customer. 15 direct reports: Quality Auditors / Technicians
• This position will provide quality assurance support (Quality Engineering, APQP, DFM/DFA, DFSS, Process Auditing and internal PPAP and validation activity review) for the implementation, auditing, registration and maintenance, and on-going effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
• Develop a team of quality production professionals to support quality systems management objectives and ensure continual quality improvement.
• Ensure quality systems are compliant with Company and site procedures as well as industry standards
• Function as a strong quality liaison to other functional departments – providing quality support and ensuring cross-functional communication
• Oversee training requirements for quality associates, technicians and quality specialists
• Propose, design, implement, and enforce quality improvements
• Support design (R&D) during new product introduction to ensure all appropriate activities are conducted and documented.
• Facilitate root cause investigations utilizing 8D methods for internal and external excursions and communicate results to management and customers
• Drive systematic process changes as a result of deviations or complaints or other trends
• Support internal, customer, and regulatory audits as appropriate
• Complete monthly KPI reports for internal presentations
• Make data driven decisions and strategies to improve quality
• Lead plant APQP and PPAP processes
• BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field .
Minimum 5 years’-supervisory Quality leadership experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
• Possession of recognized qualification in related field – ASQ, CQT, CQI, CMI or CQE strongly preferred
• Knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations, workplace safety, and basic ergonomics
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Experience (Six Sigma Black Belt preferred)
• Strong mechanical aptitude including working knowledge of GD&T methodology and SPC
• Engineering discipline experience with a focus on mechanical, pneumatic, and /or fluid power systems
• Demonstrated ability to handle large projects with the ability to prioritize resources and project timelines
• Project Management Skills, Leadership skills with emphasis on cross functional team development & leading skilled Trades
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to analyzed application requirements, provides failure analysis, select components and make recommendations to meet system requirements. Engineering discipline experience with a focus on mechanical, pneumatic, and/or fluid power systems.
• Knowledge of GD&T and SPC.
• Continuous Improvement, TPS Philosophies, and utilization of Kaizen
• Demonstrated knowledge and competence in machining, stamping, welding, and / or assembly operations – mix model cell structure is a plus
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Hands on with the ability to handle multiple projects