Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Electrical Project Engineer - Automotive Industry
Job Opportunity at
MJ Recruiters LLC
Posted on Feb 14
Electrical Project Engineer – Automotive Industry
Would you like to be focused on electrical engineering projects?
Can you program PLCs?
Do you enjoy working on the manufacturing floor up to 50% of your day?
Would you like to have future opportunity for advancement?
This position could be for you!
Due to growth and a heavy project activity, stable automotive supplier is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to work in their project engineering team. The Electrical Project Engineer will report to the Engineering Lead and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Supporting equipment and process improvement projects related to production
Completing PLC troubleshooting and programming
Resolving and improving efficiencies
Participating in cost justifications of equipment projects
Partnering with outside vendors to review quotations, order needed parts/components and ensure that project deadlines are met
Providing technical training for maintenance and associates on all production shifts
Writing and updating schematics and making modifications to electrical panels
Overseeing up to 10 project budgets and timelines at once
Supervising contractors and staff on equipment tear down projects
Completing electrical troubleshooting related to wiring, servos, panels, vision systems, etc.
Completing additional engineering tasks as assigned
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the floor up to 50% of their day, and more during project work. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates. Medical benefits are available the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Holidays, vacation, relocation, 401K and bonus potential!
This position does require candidates to work over holiday shutdowns and some weekends to complete projects.
REQUIREMENTS for the Electrical Project Engineer:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, ideally electrical related, with at least coop and/or internship experience OR an Associate’s Degree in a technical field, ideally electrical related, with at least one year of related work experience
2. Exposure to manufacturing environments
3. Experience troubleshooting and programming PLCs
4. Basic electrical troubleshooting experience
5. Willingness to work over shutdowns and weekends as needed
6. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Automotive manufacturing work experience
2. Mass production work environments
3. Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
4. Robotic and/or automation experience
Why work for this organization:
1. New business is coming to this site
2. Diverse business mix (Honda, Toyota, Ford and other OEMs)
3. Supply truck, car and van markets
4. Competitive benefits package
5. Strong project work
6. Opportunity for advancement
7. The opportunity to work with other electrical engineers with an average tenure of over ten years with the company
8. The opening is due to growth
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Bellefontaine, Ohio area. There is a competitive relocation program available for candidates with all of the required core functions of the job.
project engineer, product engineer, manufacturing engineer, application engineer, process engineer, equipment troubleshooting, lean manufacturing, 6-sigma, six sigma, 6 sigma, green belt, tier one, tier two, tier 1, tier 2, electrical engineering, electrical, electrical engineering technologies, BSEET, BSEE, plc, programmable logic controls, plcs, robotics, controls, automation,
Terms of Usage
ManufacturingEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)