Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Corporate Resources, LLC
Posted on Aug 14
The position of General Manager is with a 50 year old manufacturing company located in northern area of Cincinnati specializing in hard metal manufacturing. Local Candidates only.
The duties of the Plant Manager will include:
Shop floor scheduling
- Schedule of all machining and welding jobs in order to support on time assembly and delivery.
Shop floor support with engineering and quality control
- Communicate with quality, engineering and shop floor associates to insure jobs on machines stay running.
Monitor and report shop floor data
- this includes the backlog, the spreadsheet, project costs, associate time clock hours, hours charged to jobs, and shipments.
onitor shop floor associates
- Look over prints of every job and scheduling them through the shop floor. Check things such as machining processes and outside processes to determine critical path.
On time delivery
- This is a shared responsibility throughout the company to deliver jobs and projects on time.
- Head up the Profit Pros team's weekly meetings. Implement continuous improvement ideas and culture changes.
Communication with the Sales department about currently running jobs
Hire new associates
Direct the Expeditor in all of his duties which include but are not limited to
: expediting hot jobs at any stage of the process, job tracking, schedule printing, material movement, spreadsheet updating, shipment summary reporting, machine maintenance log gathering, communication with coating and machining vendors and job processing duties for the Manufacturing Manager and the Manufacturing Engineer.
Skills set for job
Experience in a job shop type business.
Growth within work experience.
5-10 years management experience.
Good people skills.
Even keeled personality.
Ability to multitask.
Good memory skills.
Good math skills.
Ability to communicate with managers and workers.
Willingness to learn.
Experience with machinery a plus but not biggest factor.
Experience with other factors in production environment a plus. (Personnel, Safety, P & L, Purchasing, Sales, Shipping, Receiving and Maintenance)
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Terms of Usage
ManufacturingEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)