Are you an experienced Manufacturing Leader within the foods, beverages and pharmaceutical industry seeking an excellent opportunity with a phenomenal company?
My client is seeking to fill a new position for Executive Director of Manufacturing. In this position, you will oversee and direct manufacturing operations through excellent team leadership skills and a strong business and data-driven approach.
- Leads and oversees production, process development, maintenance, sanitation, and engineering.
- Directs the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods for new or existing products and technologies, using process, quality and production improvement methodologies. This includes outgoing quality and efficiency improvements for all manufacturing operations and compliance with safety, state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures, formulating manufacturing operations strategies, building and mentoring manufacturing employees and driving business results. This includes ensuring equipment reliability, materials, and production standards while overseeing and maintaining manufacturing budgets and working with customer service, applications, quality, environmental, safety, and procurement staff to manufacture quality products that will meet customers' expectations in the most cost-effective manner.
- Leverage a team-based leadership style by using excellent communication skills and through the use of data-driven business acumen.
- Identify, quantify, develop and lead opportunities within the business for sustainable manufacturing & technological improvements, communicate a clear business case, and execute the action plan to achieve success.
- BS Engineering (ChemEng, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical), Supply Chain, Business Management/Operations or related field with more than 10 years demonstrated leadership experience
- Leadership experience in processing/manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written, oral & electronic communication skills and able to talk to people on the floor as easily as they can speak to the Board of Directors.
- Strong team leadership, development and listening skills. This person is a strong leader who values people and relationships as well as results.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present data to a diverse audience.
- Experience with process implementation, scale-up, optimization, problem-solving, cost reduction, in a manufacturing setting
- MS in Plant Operations, Engineering Management and/or MBA or other advanced relevant degrees
- Food processing experience
- Experience managing in a team environment.
- LEAN manufacturing expertise
- Expertise in developing continuous processes from batch processes.
- Solids handling and hydrogenations a plus
- Six Sigma, Lean Experience/Blackbelt or related experience (statistics, design of experiments, variance, process mapping)
- Project management experience (cost, schedule, delivery)
- Unit Operations Experience (distillation, extraction, separation, oxidation, biotransformations, organic chemical reactions)
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)