Currently looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to fill a position with a non-automotive and non-union manufacturer located in the Gas City, IN area. Interested candidates should have a Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years in manufacturing and 3 years of supervision experience. Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members, and identify opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, and principles.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve goals.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers’ expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
Requirements of the Production Supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience with multiple departments
- Six Sigma training a plus
- Successful history of building and maintaining exceptional teams
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Knowledge of basic operation systems including Microsoft Word, Excel
Compensation for the Production Supervisor
The starting annual salary for this position is $55,000-$60,000. Bonus potential of $8,250-$9000 annually, paid bi-annually.