Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Unit Plant Manager (Sr Ops Mgr)
Posted on Jan 27
Unit Plant Manager – Glass Manufacturing Plant – Central Valley California – World Class Manufacturing Company
Why Work Here?
This well-known company is stable, profitable and is growing. This innovative company has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in new equipment in this state-of-the-art manufacturing plant.
• High-energy entrepreneurial type environment with an atmosphere of teamwork. Fast-paced, high level of employee engagement.
• Ranks in Glassdoor’s top 50 U.S. workplaces
• Performance based culture where you will have support for your ideas.
• This company cares about its employees and has many programs developed to help its employees including: Work/Life Balance and Family friendly policies and convenient services like adoption reimbursement, cash and non-cash awards to recognize outstanding achievements, on-site dry cleaning, credit union membership, ATM’s on site, on site health center as well as discounts for things like warehouse memberships, fitness centers, paint stores, cellular service.
• Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance & Accidental Death Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, Wellness Programs, 401-K Match plan, Profit Sharing Plan, 3 weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off) in the first year of employment, 11 paid holidays, relocation assistance, etc.
• Employee retention is a hallmark of this company and they have virtually no turnover.
• If you like skiing, shopping or weekend adventures, this centrally located plant is within two hours of Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Role as a Unit Plant Manager:
The Unit Plant Manager will have end to end process ownership of 7 manufacturing lines in a large Glass Manufacturing Plant and will have a direct impact on the bottom line via strategic planning and the creation and implementation of goals, strategies and metrics. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. Representative duties include:
• Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives to drive quality and/or production goals.
• Develops and executes multi-line business plans and coordinates multi department activities (job changes, preventative maintenance, production scheduling).
• Recommends purchase of capital equipment or facility layout changes.
• Develops and implements labor strategies that are in alignment with functional and business priorities and participates in grievance procedures and contract negotiations.
• Develops and maintains multi-line operating budgets. Assesses and develops staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives via the talent acquisition, succession planning and diversity initiative process for the line management function.
• Oversees and manages projects that have long term focus and impact; actively participates in significant rebuilds and equipment exchanges within the business unit; Also participates in multi business unit projects
BS or MS degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
At least 6 years of production, engineering, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility in the glass or glass related industries.
Multi-functional experience in the glass industry
Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience
Terms of Usage
ManufacturingEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)