JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES Coordinate and direct production activity through the manufacturing processes while meeting company production, quality, safety, and profitability goals. In addition, the Production Manager will apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing to direct the workforce in promoting a continuous improvement atmosphere and culture focus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
• Coordinate production activities for hourly employees and related salaried staff insuring all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Control and minimize labor overtime.
• Maintain Production Schedules and Quality Standards
• Ensure effective utilization of MRP system throughout process
• Recognize and solve problems affecting production, quality, safety and productivity.
• Apply the tools of Lean Manufacturing that include, but not limited to: 5’s, Value Stream Mapping, Poke Yoke, VA/VE
• Apply the tools of Industrial Engineering that include, but not limited to: Work Element Measurement, Process Flow.
• Minimize attrition through effective hiring and coaching practices.
• Foster a culture of empowerment so that all levels of employees are engaged in continuous improvement activities.
• Help implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs. Make recommendations for facilities and equipment.
• Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production employees through performance management tools.
- Provide effective communication to support the needs of the employees as well as the goals of the organization.
- Actively engage in all Safety initiatives to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION
• BSIE or BSME or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years in manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures
• Minimum 5 years in supervisor/management position
• Strong background in MRP systems that includes expertise with Material Bills, Routings and Work Standards.
• Proven success in large scale process improvement initiatives within manufacturing environment and cross functional teams
• Training in Lean Manufacturing, TPS, and Demand Flow
• Exceptional communication and proven leadership skills
Fill out completely.
This is one of our best clients! Please see below and get the data sheet back to me asap. This client is wanting to start interviews as quickly as possible. Attach your resume in word and data sheet to this email. Take as much space as needed!
1. Current or last income?
2. Minimum income and above?
3. Reasons for changing jobs?
4. Locations desired (States and or Cities)?
5. The best number to contact you at during the day?
6. Email address?
7. Are you authorized to work in the US? (US Citizen, Perm Resident or Visa)
8. What shift will you work?
9. Explain in detail how you qualify for this position! (Please look at the required section in job description. This is the part that the client will decide who or whom they bring in for interviews.) Your response shouldn’t be generic i.e. “I’m a hard worker” or “ I’m a good communicator”