MANUFACTURING ENGINEER -
Location: United States - South Carolina - Sumter
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Manufacturing - Automation
Responsible for the implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferably in the high-speed production of medical devices.
- Experience in the following areas:
- synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
- cam-operated equipment
- servo controlled assembly and AutoCad.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing initiatives with an emphasis in continuous improvement.
- Six Sigma certification (greenbelt or blackbelt) preferred.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
5+ to 7 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing
· Must have high-speed automated assembly experience.
· Must have a working knowledge of the following:
o synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
o cam-operated equipment
o servo controlled assembly and AutoCad.
· Experience with Solidworks or other design software highly preferred.