Immediate Direct Hire Opportunity
World renowned Manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment
What this company offers you:
- Outstanding Medical Benefits selection
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Matching 401k
- Vacation & Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Onsite cafeteria
Your Role as Quality Engineer: The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for providing leadership to ensure the overall health of manufacturing quality systems, driving continuous improvement projects to increase site quality and compliance, support quality improvement initiatives with comprehensive focus on positive communications with internal and external customers
- Develop a team of quality production professionals to support quality systems management objectives and ensure continual quality improvement.
- Ensure quality systems are compliant with Husqvarna Group and site procedures as well as industry standards.
- Effectively communicate quality vision and expectations across site; participate in focused quality training.
- Function as a strong quality liaison to other functional departments, providing meaningful quality support and ensuring productive cross-functional communication.
- Oversee training requirements for quality associates, technicians and quality specialist.
- Propose, design, implement, and enforce quality improvements
- Support design (R & D) during new product introduction to ensure all appropriate activities are conducted and documented.
- Facilitate root cause investigations utilizing 8D methods for internal and external excursions and communicate results to management and customers.
- Drive systematic process changes as a result of deviations or complaints or other trends.
- Support internal, customer and regulatory audits as appropriate.
- Complete monthly KPI reports for internal presentations.
- Make data driven decisions and strategies to improve quality.
- Lead plant APQP and PPAP processes
Requirements- Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement. Thinks independently, shows initiative, anticipates and prevents problems. Resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives and completing tasks.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well in a team environment. Ability to work effectively with multiple departments and employees at all levels within the organization. Comfortable giving training to shop-floor employees, technical experts, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large projects and bring to conclusion. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize resources and project timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills coupled with the ability to maintain and generate product application literature, media, and technical articles.
- Mechanical aptitude and mental/physical/visual acuity. Ability to analyze application requirements provides failure analysis, select components and make recommendations to meet system requirements. Engineering discipline experience with a focus on mechanical, pneumatic, and/or fluid power systems. Knowledge of GD&T and SPC
- Competency in drawing interpretation, spreadsheet analysis database research and presentation skills.
Desired Education and Experiences:
- BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- ASQ certification CQE, CQM strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations, workplace safety programs, and basic ergonomics.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience. (Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to learn and adapt to new processes are a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on cross functional team development and leading skilled trades.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of GD&T methodology.
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement and working knowledge of TPS philosophies, utilizing Kaizen.
Direct Hire Placement Specialist