Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: VP
Direct and manage all plant operations with overall site responsibilities for production, maintenance, and other production-related activities. Human Resources and Quality functions have a dotted line reporting structure to the Operations Manager.
- Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost Improvement
- Employee Relations / Team Building
- Performance Measurement
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
• Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
• Coordinate plant activities to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
• Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
• Manages capital asset maintenance.
• Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
• Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
• Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
• Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
• Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
• Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
• Provides direction, development and leadership to local management and non-management staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION
• Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company