Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Category: Engineering - Other Engineering
The Plant Reliability Engineer is primarily focused on management of asset reliability risks that could adversely affected plant or business operations. High level responsibilities included are core reliability engineering activities, risk management & loss elimination support, and life cycle asset management support.
· Reliability Engineering
· Develop and manage the Condition Based Maintenance Programs
· Implement a framework for reliability including standardized practices by working with all levels of the organization including leadership teams and committees
· Develop and delivery training and presentations on reliability best practices to all levels of the organization
· Liaison with engineering and operations group to ensure reliability engineering practices and total cost of ownership are a focal point in projects.
· Lead, provide direction, and mentor Reliability group resources
· Train frontline staff on Reliability Engineering tactical elements including Condition Based Maintenance procedures and work methods
· Provide input and presentation for group performance metrics including asset availability and mean time between failure
· Develop group slides for routine presentations or situational needs such as audits
· Lead development the Reliability Engineering budget for routine predictive activities and Reliability projects.
· Risk Management and Loss Elimination
· Manage risks to achieve strategic objectives in areas of asset capability using tools such as Criticality analysis (CA) or Failure modes effects and analysis (FMEA)
· Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
· Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations including issues with capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
· Incorporate risk mitigation tasks into operational, response, and maintenance procedures for improved system operation and availability.
· Support risk ranking efforts and strategy development of replacement of aging assets
· Lead issue resolution for complex problems with advanced technical solutions
· Execute redundancy profiles based on load changes
· Support scenario planning and related mitigations such as load shedding plans to ensure operational continuity
· Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM)
· Lead the group in support of Asset Management Strategy and all related efforts.
· Work with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
· Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems.
· Perform activities in support of LCAM such as single point of failure assessments and critical spare part analysis
· Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans
· Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers including acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
· Participate in the final check-out of new installations including factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
· Work with Engineering, Facilities and Production to perform analyses of assets including asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness, and remaining useful life
· Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
· Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
· Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
· College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience that provides knowledge, skills, and the abilities required to appropriately perform the scope of responsibilities.
· Mechanical engineering or Electrical trade certificate or degree (desired)
· Certifications in Thermography and/or Vibration Analysis (preferred)
· Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (desired)
· Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (preferred)
· Six Sigma or Lean Sigma Green belt or higher (advantage)
At least 12 years’ experience related to utility and/or process equipment maintenance, reliability, or instrumentation or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Additionally, demonstrated experience with application of data analysis techniques such as:
· Preliminary hazards analysis
· Failure modes and effects analysis
· Criticality analysis
· Simplified failure modes and effects analysis
· Maintainability information
· Fault tree analysis
· Event tree analysis
· Six Sigma (6s) methodology
· Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
· Weibull analysis
· Statistical process control
· Reliability modeling and prediction
· Weibull analysis
· Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS)
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never