International company and worldwide leader in their field is a seeking a Process Engineer. This is a great opportunity that includes competitive salary, bonus and a generous relocation package (if necessary). Please be aware that this position will require 80% +/- travel in the first year and 25-80% +/- after this. Please don't hesitate to apply, as this opportunity will be filled quickly.
- Develop fundamental understanding of critical process and technical requirements, identify areas of technical risk in assigned projects, where possible conduct prototype / feasibility testing to verify concept, and define and document system design specifications.
- Define current state of performance at each facility and trend that performance over time
- Lead/Support Best Practice groups
- Articulate vision for future state / best in class performance metrics; develop plan and manage business functions to achieve that vision
- Manage technical aspects of key vendors.
- Conceive, Plan, and Execute well-defined projects to improve operations
- Advise key business leaders (executives and plant management) on improving operations (e.g. higher volume, lower cost)
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Create/update/maintain standard work documents (SOP’s) to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in tooling/stamping/pressing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
- Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
- Experience in wood processing.
- Knowledge of MES systems.
- Knowledge of Wonderware (programming ability a plus).
- Ability to read PLC logic.
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB).
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience.
Travel Requirements: High Travel
- First year 80%+, after between 80% and 25% (project dependent)
process, processes, engineer, engineering, plc, electrical, mechanical, controls, electric, sop, manager, sops, lean, six sigma, continuous, improvement, manufacturing, tooling, stamping, fabrication, press, pressing, tech, technical, training, metrics, north carolina, south carolina, virginia, coast, east, biomass, automotive, energy