Currently looking for a qualified Process Technician to fill a shift position in the Marion, IN area. The ideal Technician will have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 2 years of Allen Bradley PLC Troubleshooting, basic program edits, ABB and Fanuc Robot.
Responsibilities of the Process Technician
- Edit PLC programs as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic valves, motors and gearboxes and electrical and mechanical controls.
- Support production.
- Set up and maintain injection molding machines
- Read operating logs to identify inoperative injection machines, determines reasons for machine malfunctions, and arranges for machine repair.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop.
- Start all mold changes and verifies machine is running at standard cycle time and is producing product at the same level as indicated by the previous runs first and last shot.
- Troubleshoot machine, mold and material problems.
Requirements of the Process Technician
Shifts are 12 hours 4:00 - 4:00, 2-2-3 scheduling -- either nights or days
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of Allen Bradley PLC Troubleshooting and basic program edits
- Minimum 2 years of ABB and Fanuc Robot
- Experience with 3 phase motors, Cognex cameras and AC/DC drive frequency controllers
- Electrical, pneumatic and mechanical schematics skills
- Maintenance skill set and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Physically able to perform job duties