Are you an experienced Product Engineer with PLC Experience?
If you are a Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineer that has experience programming PLC’s this exciting opportunity might be for you!
In this position you will:
- Provide hardware and software design and development to grow and expand remote-controlled equipment considering both customer needs and new technology implementation to protect life and property.
- Serve as a subject matter expert both internally and externally providing hands on support of customer issues as needed.
- Coordinating custom project builds, working with vendors and assembly to provide world class products
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
Product Design / Development – Designs and specifies equipment and components for electric and hydraulic industrial monitor systems.
- Provide pre-engineered and custom designed products that comply with industry and regulatory standards
- Incorporate innovative ideas, processes, and technologies to new systems as appropriate
- Generate, review, and implement engineering changes as required
- Ensure that designs have been fully validated and they meet necessary system specification and performance requirements prior to release and/or shipping
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of new system projects
- Make drawings for customer approval and eventual release to outside vendors and Production:
- Assembly drawings
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Component drawings
- Manuals, etc. as required
- Collaborate with project team members including engineering, manufacturing engineering, procurement, production, and marketing on new and existing product designs
- Coordinate quotes from vendors for new components and assemblies.
- Other activities as necessary to support the business segment.
- Setting up new product configurations in simulated arrangements for testing and validating new concepts and features.
- Provide support and guidance on determining root cause analysis of installation issues
- Generate and maintain documentation, manuals, diagrams, drawings, and troubleshooting guides for use internally and externally.
- Determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing systems
- Work with Assembly when new components or configurations are required
- Assist in setup and performance of factory acceptance tests with customers
- Provide commissioning support (either directly on site or remotely) for systems and assist internal and external customers troubleshooting issues in new and existing installations.
- Utilize root cause analysis tools and process for timely resolution of quality issues
- Participate in interdepartmental teams focused on improving operational efficiency
- Utilize lean principles to drive down waste in daily office interactions
- Serve as product/software expert for developed and custom systems
- Contribute to a positive team spirit
- Written (project documentation, drawings, models, manuals, guides, etc.)
- Verbal (customer and vendor interaction, support of internal customers)
- Use MS Office and Outlook daily
- Technical thinking
- Technical problem solving
- Collect and analyze technical data
- Assess technical risks (FMEA)
- Product Validation planning
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Concern for safety
- Process oriented
- Proactive and self-motivation
- Commitment to success
- Time management
- Business acumen
- Value added activities
- Rationalize and define changes that enhance and extend product line
- Perform all duties, and work with other employees in a safe manner, in compliance with appropriate company safety policies and rules.
- The ideal candidate would have 5+ years’ demonstrated success with automation systems, proficient in CAD (AutoCAD/DraftSight/SolidWorks) and PLC/HMI Programming (RS-Logix, RSView Studio/FactoryTalk).
- Familiarity with fiber optic network environment and experience with Stepper motor controls is a plus.
- Track record of new product development success
- Customer interface during installation and troubleshooting ability required
- Up to 10% travel may be required (possible international)