Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Production Manager(2nd shift)
Job Opportunity at
True North Consulting, LLC
Posted on Nov 21
This is a highly stable 50 year old company that is growing and diversifying. They pride themselves on a highly family friend environment and as a result have incredibly low turnover. This role is open due to an internal promotion. This 2nd shift opportunity(4 p.m.-12A) will oversee a staff of up to 15. Days off are Sunday and Monday. The company is looking for a strong leader that is passionate about continuous process improvement
1. Directly manage crews of 10-15 hourly employees to achieve maximum production of top quality products in a safe and efficient manner. Indirectly responsible for managing up to 40-50 employees at any given time.
2. Must plan and organize daily shift activities, determining manpower requirements and manpower utilization necessary to meet and/or exceed desired goals. Responsible for scheduling of hourly employees.
3. Conduct annual detailed performance reviews with hourly employees to emphasize the required standards for the various jobs. Performance reviews will be written and maintained in the employee’s personnel file. Counsel subordinates.
4. Set objectives for crew. Communicate company plans, objectives and expectations to hourly employees. Issue instruction and directions and make sure resources are available to accomplish them. Must have good communication skills. Ability to achieve results through others.
5. Train Management and hourly Employees on equipment; equipment operation and process.
6. Accountable for continuous improvement of plant performance, safety, environmental and product quality objectives.
Associate’s Degree with concentration in manufacturing preferred. Equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment or a similar environment will be considered. Significant Distillery and/or Food Processing operations experience preferred.
2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Experience with SEMS, Process Safety Management and ERP/SAP preferred.
Strong leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills
Terms of Usage
ManufacturingEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)