RM Schulte and Associates has partnered with a local leading Automotive Parts Manufacturer to hire a Quality Engineer.
- Provide leadership and team building for the people to understand and support company goals, policies, vision and growth
- Priority manufacturing’s area needs and schedule projects for improvement.
- Interface with Machining, Assembly, Engineering, Maintenance personnel and production departments
- Assist personnel and troubleshooting of equipment for appropriate and cost-effective solution
- Investigate customers concerns to resolve process related issue
- Investigate customer complaints by obtaining pertinent information from the customer and coordinating appropriate containment with production, logistics and quality.
- Provide product line support with respect to product or component quality, gauging and data interpretation issues.
- Conducts Internal and Layered Process Audits (LPA’s).
- Coordinate MSA studies.
- Collect data for Root Cause and Corrective Action Activities.
- Prepare, analyze and report scrap data monthly to manufacturing departments.
- Participate and support company’s lean manufacturing/kaizen events
- Perform other duties as directed management
- This position requires a four year college degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), process capability and statistical process control (SPC) are required.
- ASQ (or equivalent) Certified Quality Engineer certification and/or PMP certification is desired.
- Formal or informal training in problem solving methods (six-sigma, Red-X, 8D) is desired.
- Must be able to travel 5-10%.
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 and TS16949 guidelines.
- Automotive Industry Task Force (AITF) training required