Solid Manufacturing client of ours is hiring a Senior Test Engineer.
Summary: Supports manufacturing process by developing and improving test systems that ensure the customer / quality requirements are achieved. Enhances existing test systems to increase throughput and test coverage. Develops test systems based on customer or company test specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design Automated Test Equipment to test at the PCBA or box build/system level.
- Develop ATE utilizing PC or PXI chassis, data acquisition components, switching systems and UUT interface.
- Design custom test software to control test system using National Instruments LabVIEW system engineering software. Certified LabVIEW Developer accreditation is preferred.
- Develop full documentation package related to all design activity including, but not limited to: Block diagrams, schematics, wire lists, functional / operational specifications, calibration, verification and validation reports.
- Manage design project based on key milestones.
- Lead technical discussion related to design, milestone reviews and project status to internal / external customers.
- Direct technical personnel related to fabrication, test, debug or system validation
- Familiar with software tools such as Altium, PADs or Cadence for schematic generation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good Judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.
Education/Experience/Credentials: BSEE or BSEET. Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in automated test system and fixture design.
Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. Ability to read and analyze periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as averages, standard deviation, proportions, percentages. Understand Boolean Logic, binary, hexadecimal and octal numbering systems as well as utilize general algebraic and geometric tools.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgment.
Computer Skills: Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software. Competent in one or more software languages used in test equipment (Basic, Visual Basic, C, C++, Visual C or LabVIEW)
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.