Our client is a manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems, they have grown steadily over the years both organically as well as through acquisition and are now a two and a half billion-dollar, complex company with 14,000 employees globally at over 100 sites.
As the Test Equipment Systems Engineering Leader you'll be responsible for the financial, schedule and technical performance of a group of 20-30 engineers developing and delivering $10-15M of Test Equipment per year. The complexity of the many yearly deliverables under your area of responsibility covers the gamut of simple hand tools through complete Flight Control System Integration Labs (FCSILs) costing millions of dollars. To effectively manage the development, and long-term maintenance, of such a diverse range of systems and equipment, your technical base must be both strong and broad.
The Test Equipment Systems Group (TE) is both a cost center and a profit center for the company. In its cost center component, the majority of new product development and production test equipment needs are developed, integrated, and deployed by TE. In addition to this internal support, TE is also growing a specialized product line for our external customers' needs which affords many opportunities for technical creativity and business acumen by the TE staff and managers across the globe.
Achieving success requires the application of best practice management skills, so training and experience in this area will maximize your chances for capturing this job opportunity.
The people and company culture are very important to them, so an appreciation and support of the values practiced by fellow employees and the ability to form healthy relationships with staff, leadership, and others is critically important.
Here's some of what you can expect on a regular basis:
• Day-to-day management of the assigned, and contracted, staff to achieve project deliverables on-time, on-cost, and with technical quality
• Weekly review of all TE projects within your site, with the responsible leads of the projects, during which you are able to provide guidance on risks and issues and additional mentoring
• Weekly site-level group performance review, analysis, and report out of your areas of responsibility to the Chief Engineer of TE and, on occasion, Engineering Directors
• Monthly capacity and resource planning, including priority setting for the staff for the upcoming month
• Regular communication with Program Managers, Production Managers, Development Engineering Leads on TE performance and staffing of their programs
• Department budget preparation and management
• Coaching, training and development of assigned staff
• Quarterly employee performance feedback sessions
• Succession planning, recruiting, hiring and onboarding
• Customer interaction including proactive planning and difficult issues
• Support of new internal projects and new business initiatives through trade studies, concept development, proposal responses, and customer presentations
• Frequent and continuous interaction with the other TE managers around the globe as we collectively participate in developing new (and refining existing) technology, processes, methods, workflow, goals, strategy and execution road maps
• Being a member of the larger TE team and helping the group achieve our collective goals
The education, skills, and attributes you'll need for this role:
• BS in engineering degree required, but MS, PhD or MBA degree(s) strongly desired
• 10+ years of progressive experience with a variety of engineering disciplines and people leadership
• Demonstrated technical expertise in one or more engineering disciplines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Comfort with briefing at all levels up and down from the role, with the ability to tailor the technical discussion to the audience
• Effective at building teams and engendering loyalty from direct reports, supervisors and others across the larger engineering organization
• Established skills at coaching, mentoring and growing personnel
• Strong interpersonal leadership skills with demonstrated pragmatism and sound judgement
• Solid problem solving abilities and willing to be hands on in the occasional emergency
• Demonstrated accountability, creativity and flexibility
• Demonstrated balance of technical and business skills