Tool Crib Lead/Manager
$80k -$110k DOE
The Tool Crib Lead/Manager supports the production shop with tooling, including maintaining inventory and tool set up for the CNC work centers. A successful Tool Crib Lead is a reliable professional with excellent abilities to multi task various responsibilities, attention to detail, and driving the workload output. The goal is to maintain inventory and ensure the manufacturing production areas have the tooling required to complete production jobs. This full-time position requires working with Engineers and CNC Programmers to determine the correct tooling selection and application. Additional responsibilities include inventory control, and general stock room management. The ideal candidate will need technical knowledge of cutting tools, workholding and metrology in a CNC manufacturing environment; be organized, detail oriented, have good follow-thru and have the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Inventory: Maintain the Tool Crib organization and inventory.
- Procurement: Inventory restock quoting, ordering, tooling research. Utilizing best purchase practices.
- Production: Based on engineered tooling requirements, set CNC tooling for production work centers.
- Quality: Maintain close attention to detail and produce accurate tooling.
- Suppliers: Maintain good relationships with suppliers. Consistently review our end user pricing. Quickly research and determine best pricing and delivery.
- Work closely with the Production Manager on work load fulfillment and with Engineering on tooling issues and purchases.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized Tool Crib area.
- Departmental Process Improvement.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and be a positive example of the company culture.
- Utilize the company ERP system.
- Extensive knowledge of machining equipment, cutting tools and their functions.
- Knowledge of manual or CNC machines.
- Previous Tool Crib experience.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel and ability to learn basics of company ERP system
- Organization and ability to evolve and Process Improve the department.
- Fast and accurate. Able to complete tasks quickly and meet production schedule.
- Ability to work up to 11 hours if required.
- Follow direction yet able to develop ideas and solutions.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and quickly change task priorities due to schedule changes.
- Reliability and consistency, i.e. attendance and job functions.
- Maintaining inventory, sourcing and utilizing Best Buying Practices.
- Perform various shop tasks outside the scope of the Tool Crib.